Thursday, October 4, 2012

Culinary Arts

A lot of our home schooling happens in the kitchen.  I have always wanted to learn to make homemade tortillas and finally set my mind to it.  They are actually pretty easy, although a little time consuming, but the taste makes up for the time spent making them.
Homemade tortillas taken to a whole new level, taco salad shells.  These are baked over quart size canning jars.  Healthy and yummy.
We have never really liked things that are flavored with curry, but I hate to give up on something so rather than write off curry forever, I decided to make my own curry.  It was fun, beautiful and a keeper, everyone liked it.  I used it in an Indian dish.
The kids join in on this project, making bread bowls for soup.  It was their ideas to try the jars and it worked great.  Plus, the potato corn chowder was a great way to use up all those potatoes and corn from the garden.
Tres Leches (3 milks) cake made for a baby shower.  It was melt-in-your-mouth wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment